How to Transfer Photos from Android to Android
According to research, it is found that Android users change their phones every two years on an average. When they buy a new Android phone, one of the basic jobs is to transfer their data from the old phone to the new one. One such important piece of data is their photos which they click and store on their phone. If you are also looking the various way to transfer photos from one Android phone (or tablet) to another Android phone (tablet), this tutorial is for you.
There are various solutions to transfer photos from Android to Android without using a computer or using a computer. Here, you will learn the several easy and convenient methods to transfer photos from one Android phone to an Android phone (or tablet).
Some of the methods to transfer photos from Android to Android
- Transfer photos from Android to Android via Bluetooth connectivity.
- Transfer photos from Android to Android using the Google Photos app.
- Transfer photos from Android to Android using the Android Beam feature.
- Transfer photos from Android to Android using Google Drive.
- Transfer photos from Android to Android using PhoneTrans, a PC application.
- Transfer photos from Android to Android using the data transfer tool Samsung Data Transfer.
- Transfer photos from Android to Android using MobileTrans, a PC application.
Transfer photos from Android to Android via Bluetooth connectivity
As we know, Android phones come with inbuilt Bluetooth features that help to share data from one device to another device. Transferring photos from one Android phone to another phone via Bluetooth connectivity is the easiest way. This method doesn't need other third-party application support to transfer your data (photos). Following are the steps to transfer photos via Bluetooth connection:
- Launch the Settings app of your Android phone and tap on the Bluetooth Now tap on the Bluetooth switch button of both devices to enable them. You can also do this by pulling the screen from top to screen to the visit setting panel, where you can enable the Bluetooth option.
- On the sender device, go to your phone's storage, where you store your photos. After that, select the photos you want to transfer and tap on the Send (or Share) icon below. It will open a popup screen to select the mode via which you want to transfer.
- Choose the Bluetooth option and select your receiver's Bluetooth device name.
- It will automatically start the transfer of your photos from the source device to the target device.
Transfer photos from Android to Android using the Google Photos app
Google Photos app is another important means to backup and transfer photos from one phone to another. It is another efficient way to transfer your photos from one Android phone to another Android phone or even on iPhone. It mostly comes pre-installed on most Android smartphones. If it is not pre-installed on your device, download and install it from Google Play Store. You can store 15GB of photos, including videos and other data, for free on the Google photos app.
However, you need a Google account to access this app on your device. If you have already created and set up your phone with Google (Gmail) account, the Google Photos app itself is linked with your account. You will need the same Google account to upload photos on the source device and download them on the target device. You may find different steps on a different version of the Google Photos app to upload (backup) and download, but they are mostly the same. Following are the steps to transfer photos using the Google Photos app:
- Download and install Google Photos from the Google play store on both devices or launch it if it is already installed on your phone.
- On your sender (or source) phone, tap on the profile icon at the top-right of the screen to popup various menu options. Turn on backup if not already on.
- Confirm your action to turn on backup by tapping on the "Turn on Backup" button.
- Chose the quality of your backup data; Storage saver (which slightly reduces the quality to save storage) or Original quality (save photos to their original quality without any change).
- Based on your choice, enable or disable the "use cellular data when there is no Wi-Fi" option.
- Now confirm your settings by tapping Confirm. When the internet connection is available, it will upload your photos to Google Photos from the sender (source) phone.
- Next, open the Google Photos app on the receiver (target) phone and sign in with the same account you have used to upload pictures to the sender (source) phone.
- Then select the Original Quality and enable the "Backup & sync". It required a checkmark of the uploaded pictures and videos on the new phone.
- Your photos start downloading into your new Android phone (target phone).
Transfer photos from Android to Android using Android Beam
Android Beam is one of the features of the Android phone that facilitate data transfer using near field communication (NFC). Using this feature, you can easily transfer your photos from one Android phone to another Android phone by pressing them back to back. This feature is used for short-range data transfer.
Before starting data transfer via Android beam, make sure that both Android phones are equipped with NFC hardware. However, the devices running on Android OS 4.0 or above contain this feature.
To check the supported features (NFC and Android Beam) for this method, look at the below steps:
- Launch the Settings app and under Wireless & networks, tap on More.
- You will see the NFC and Android Beam features if supported, enabling both features.
Following are the steps to transfer photos from one Android phone to another Android phone:
- Enable the NFC and Android Beam features using the above steps.
- Now, go to the location (Gallery) where your photos are available and open the photo you want to transfer.
- Physically touch both phones with one another so that phones are placed back-to-back.
- If your photos are ready to move, you will see a "Touch to beam (or Tap to beam)" at the top of the screen on the sender's device.
- Tap on the top of the sender's phone screen to start the beaming process, and your photos start transferring from one phone to another.
Once your photos get transferred successfully, you will receive a confirmation sound. On the other hand, if the photo transfer goes failed, you will receive a negative tone.
Transfer photos from Android to Android with Google Drive
How can we forget the Google service, which gives solutions for every need, including photos transfer from phone to phone? You can use Google Drive to transfer photos from one Android device to another. To move data using Google drive, you need to upload data over Google drive, which you want to transfer using your Google credentials. After that, on another phone (receiver device), log in with your same Google credentials and download the photos you uploaded.
The backup data over Google drive are accessible from all other devices connected to your Google account. Look at the below-given steps to transfer photos from one Android phone to another Android phone via Google drive:
- Download and install the Google Drive app from the Google Play Store if not already present on your phone.
- Launch the app and tap on the "+" (plus) button.
- You will see a popup screen containing different options.
- Tap on the Folder icon to create a separate folder for the photos you will upload.
- Give a name to your folder and tap Create option.
- Now, tap on your newly created folder to open it. Here, you can upload your photos which you can get on another device linked with your same Google account.
- Again, tap on the "+" button and then the upload option.
- Now go to the location where your photos are present, select the photos you want to transfer, and upload them.
- On your other Android (receiver) phone, log in to Google Drive using the same Google credentials you used to upload photos.
- Go to your folder where you have uploaded your photos and download from there.
Transfer photos from one Android to another Android using PhoneTrans, a PC application
PhoneTrans is a PC application that lets you transfer photos from one Android phone to another. If people have fewer photos to transfer, they use Bluetooth connectivity to move their photos. But when you have a bulk of photos to transfer, especially when you switch from your old Android phone to a new one, you can prefer some tools like PhoneTrans that allows data share in one click.
Features of PhoneTrans pc application:
- Supports all photo formats to transfer from one Android phone to another Android phone.
- Transfer photos with their original size and quality.
- Transfer several photos in a very less amount of time.
Following are the steps to transfer photos from one Android to another Android phone via the PhoneTrans tool:
- Download and install the PhoneTrans application on your PC.
- Launch the application on your PC and under the Phone to Phone option and select the Quick Transfer Now click on the Start Transfer button.
- Connect both of your Android phones to your computer using a USB cable.
- Place the photo's containing the phone on the source place and another at the destination. If the positions of your devices are incorrect, then click on the Switch option to rearrange them.
- Checkmark the Photos icon and click on the "Transfer Now" button to transfer photos from Android to Android.
Transfer photos from Android to Android using the Samsung Data Transfer a data transfer tool
Samsung Data Transfer is a PC application that allows data transfer from one phone to another (Android to Android, Android to iPhone, iPhone to iPhone). Using this mobile phone transfer application, you can move your photos from one Android to another Android phone in just a few steps.
You need to connect both of your phones via "Samsung Data Transfer" to checkmark all those photos you want to transfer. After that, start copying to move photos from the source device to the destination phone.
This tool supports transferring data such as photos, videos, music, apps, documents, etc., from one phone to another. Following are the steps to transfer photos from one Android phone to another Android phone via the Samsung Data Transfer tool:
- Download and install the tool set up for your PC (Windows or Mac) based on your need.
- Open the application and connect both of your Android phones using a USB cable simultaneously. It is also suggested to enable USB debugging of your Android phones.
- Ensure the sender phone is placed at the source (left) side and the receiver at the destination (right) side. Click on the "Flip" button to rearrange devices if the position is incorrect.
- Now, select the data (photos) you want to copy from source to destination. Finally, click on the "Start Copy" button to automatically start the transfer of photos.
How to transfer photos from Android to Android using MobileTrans
MobileTrans - Phone Transfer is a user-friendly data transfer program that can fulfill most of your Android needs. You can easily transfer your photos from one phone to another phone using this tool. It not only transfers data between Android, but it also supports Android to iOS devices and vice-versa.
Features of MobileTrans - Phone Transfer tool
- Photos and other data transferring become easy, fast, and safe.
- It transfers data, including photos, text messages, contacts, voice memos, voicemails, and videos.
- It supports a multi-platform operating system, i.e., Android to Android, Android to iPhone, and iPhone to iPhone.
- It supports iOS devices that are running on iOS 15 or later versions.
Following are the steps to transfer photos from one Android phone to another Android phone via the MobileTrans Transfer tool:
- Download and install the MobileTrans program on your PC and open it.
- Click on the "Phone Transfer" module and select the "Phone to Phone".
- Connect both of your Android devices to the computer using a USB cable.
- Place the photo's containing the phone on the source place and another at the destination. If the positions of your devices are not correct, then click on the Switch option to reposition them.
- Select the data (photos) you want to transfer from one device to another and click on the "Start" button.
- Now the tool automatically transfers photos from one Android to another Android phone.