Memory units are used to measure and represent data. Some of the commonly used memory units are:
1) Bit: The computer memory units start from bit. A bit is the smallest memory unit to measure data stored in main memory and storage devices. A bit can have only one binary value out of 0 and 1.
2) Byte: It is the fundamental unit to measure data. It contains 8 bits or is equal to 8 bits. Thus a byte can represent 2*8 or 256 values.
3) Kilobyte: A kilobyte contains 1024 bytes.
4) Megabyte: A megabyte contains 1024 kilobytes.
5) Gigabyte: A gigabyte contains 1024 megabyte.
6) Terabyte: A terabyte contains 1024 gigabytes.
JavaTpoint offers too many high quality services. Mail us on [email protected], to get more information about given services.
JavaTpoint offers college campus training on Core Java, Advance Java, .Net, Android, Hadoop, PHP, Web Technology and Python. Please mail your requirement at [email protected]
Duration: 1 week to 2 week