What does Alt + G do?
Alt + G is one of thekeyboard shortcuts that can be used by using the Alt and G keys from the keyboard. It is used to get an entry to the Design tab present in the Microsoft PowerPoint Ribbon.
How to create the Alt + G keyboard shortcut?
To create the Alt + G shortcut on the Keyboard, press the "Alt" key and hold it until you press the "G" key. The representation of the Alt + G shortcut is as in the image above. The Alt key is present on either side of the space bar key.
Alt + G usage in the Microsoft PowerPoint
Microsoft PowerPoint is a program included in the Microsoft Office suite and is used for creating presentations using slides. It is also popularly known as MS PowerPoint, which is commonly used for personal and commercial purposes. When we use the Alt + G shortcut in Microsoft PowerPoint, we get the Design tab in the Ribbon. Then we get an option to select more keys for choosing the options in the Design tab. If we consider an example, when we use the shortcut and after pressing the "S" key on the Keyboard, the Page Setup window is displayed.
Alt + G usage in Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word is a word processor program included in the Microsoft Office suite. MS word helps in creating and editing word documents. Microsoft Word Alt + G gives access to different options like themes, effects, and colors in the application for creating page borders. Alt + G also helps in opening the Design tab.
Alt + G in the Popular programs
1) Alt + G usage in General
- Mapedit - It opens the View palette and cycles by five palettes
- NextPVR 5.1 - It switches the green recording flag
- NextPVR 5.1 - It displays the popup of Groups
2) Alt + G usage in Text editing
- Microsoft Word 2019 - It gives access to different options like themes, effects, and colors in the application for creating page borders. It also helps in opening the Design tab
- Nano - It helps to move to the line, column number
3) Alt + G usage in Imaging
- Adobe Illustrator - It puts the copyright symbol
- Autodesk 3ds Max 2021 - It switches the Geometry Selection Visibility
- Autodesk Maya 2019 - It extends the depth
- Aseprite 1.2.27 for Windows - It moves to the frame number by tag or number
- Blender - It undoes the groups in the node editor
- Blender - It reconstructs the location
- Enterprise Architect 14 - It positions the chosen element in the Project Browser
- Harmony 20 - It puts the group in a position
- Harmony 20 - It designs the group
- Harmony 20 for macOS - It puts the group in a position
- Harmony 20 for macOS - It designs and makes the group
- InVision Studio 1.28.2 - It either displays or conceals the Rulers
- Modo 12.1 - It rotates either the center or parent axis
- Nuke - It moves to a particular frame
- PureRef - It switches the Grayscale
- vecta.io - It undoes the groups created
- Wings 3D - It either chooses or loops the edge or increases the edge ring
4) Alt + G usage in System tools
- Tera Term 4.97 - It makes the Cygwin connection
5) Alt + G usage in Developer tools
- Code::Blocks 20.03 - It moves to the file
- Delphi - It moves to the line number within the editor
- IDA Pro 7.4 - It alters the segment value for the register
- Python IDLE for Windows - It moves to line
- Roblox Studio - It switches the grid
- STM32CubeMX - It adjusts the used GPIOs
- Unreal Engine 5.0 in early access - It shows the perspective
- Unreal Engine 5.0 in early access - It moves to the definition
- Unreal Engine - It gives the perspective view
- WinDev 25 - It chooses the template for the window
6) Alt + G usage in Web applications
- LastPass - It produces secure password
- Investing.com - It moves to the date
- TradingView - It moves to the date
7) Alt + G usage in the Media player
- BSPlayer - It gives the EQ
- GOM Player - It appends the present directory
- KMPlayer - It displays the control box
- MPC-BE 1.5.4 - It does the shift of the menu
- PotPlayer 1.7 - It monitors the channel management
- Winamp - It switches the graphical equalizer
8) Alt + G usage in Games-PC
In Full-screen PC games, the recording either begins or halts when we press the Windows key + Alt + G.
- GTA IV Emergency Lighting System - It will cycle the siren mode
- iRacing - It increments the velocity of Blimp
- Jagged Alliance 2 - It appends the random merc to the roster
- Lost Ark for PC - Its use is to stronghold the Community
- StarCraft 2 - It is used to map the Pinger
9)Alt + G usage in Productivity
- Articulate Storyline - It moves to the menu and chooses the Design button
- Autodesk Flame 2019 - It moves to the Timecode
- Dynamics 365 Business Central - It goes to the Find Entries page and searches for the finding entries linked to the posted document. It is also applicable to lists.
- Edius Pro 9 - It undoes the group
- Edraw Max 9.4 - It settles the geometric data shape
- Finale - It modifies or alters the Grace note
- FL Studio 20 - It makes the chosen channels into groups
- FL Studio 20 - It undoes the chosen groups
- FL Studio 20 - It undoes the chosen notes
- Guitar Pro - It makes on the beat
- GoldenDict 1.0.1 - It selects a drop-down menu and chooses the dictionary group
- Lingoes - It records the text present on the screen
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2019 (used for designing presentations) - It opens and displays the Design tab
- NetSuite - It shifts to the Global Search Field
- NetSuite - It highlights the Global Search Field
- Nuendo 10 - It decreases the size of the waveform vertically
- Outlook 2019 and Outlook 2016 - It chose the image Align drop-down box
- REAPER - Options: It switches the grid lines
- REAPER - View: It switches the grid
- Rekordbox 6 - Deck 1: It displays the grid panel
- RX 8 Audio Editor for Windows - It changes the Cursor mode by going to Grab Freq
- Studio One 5.4 - It restores the event by the preceding layer
- Steinberg Cubase 10.5 - It decreases the velocity of waveform
- Vegas Pro 18 - It will display the Color Grading mode
- Virtual Dj 2021 - It deck left pad page +1
- TallyPrime - It goes to a report and opens it, then designs the masters, and vouchers in the workflow
- Zeplin - It either displays or conceals the screen grid
10) Alt + G usage in Scientific
- Archicad 24 - It excludes the Groups
- Desmos Graphing Calculator for Windows - It defines the graph axes
- GeoGebra - It shows the gamma symbol
- Mastercam 2022 - It opens the Grid Settings
- Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect 16.1 - It searches for the element in the Project Browser and chooses that current element
Alt + G-related Keyboard shortcuts and Keys
Alt is a key that is present on the Keyboard. The full form of alt is alternate.Alt, a modifier key is located on either side of the space bar key for the compatible keyboards with IBM. In Apple computer keyboards, the Alt key is not used, but they use the "option key" instead.
When we press the Alt key on the Keyboard, it highlights the file menu in the computer or displays the shortcuts in Office applications and programs along with the Ribbon (example: Microsoft Office).
Ctrl + G
Ctrl + G is another keyboard shortcut that is related to Alt + G. Ctrl + G is also called "Control + G", "^g" which is used for going deep into Find results, or it helps in moving to a particular line within a document, excel or spreadsheets and text file.
Creation of Ctrl + G shortcut: To make the Ctrl + G shortcut on the Keyboard, press the "Ctrl" key and hold it until you press the "G" key. The Ctrl key is in two locations on the keyboard one is to the right of the Alt key, and another is at the bottom left corner of the Keyboard. The user can use any Ctrl key at their convenience.
In Apple computers, there is no Ctrl + G key; instead, they use the "Command ⌘ + G" keyboard shortcut, which functions similarly to Ctrl + G.